- A fan’s concept for a botany-themed supporting character in Overwatch 2 is impressively detailed and, if implemented, would potentially upend the game’s meta.
- Overwatch’s success lies in the diversity of characters, and fans have been inspired to create their own hero concepts that fit into the game’s world.
- The concept for fan-created support heroine Eden was received positively, although some fans believe her abilities may need to be toned down if she is to be officially added to the game.
Among the ideas that fans have come up with for new things is Overwatch 2 Heroes, a fan’s concept for a botany-themed supporting character really transcends the way this hypothetical hero would shake up the game’s meta. While many fans have tried to imagine new additions to the roster, this one takes things a step further with a unique moveset that is so detailed and well thought out that it’s easy to imagine them being added Overwatch 2 in the near future really.
Probably the greatest strength of Overwatch As a franchise, it’s because of the cast. The 39 different characters that make up the current playable roster not only allow for a wide range of gameplay styles, but their individual personalities and lore have also painted a vivid picture of it OverwatchThe world, its history and its various factions. It’s no wonder that gamers have been inspired to create their own fan-made games Overwatch Hero concepts by imagining how their original characters fit into the world and how they would play if they were in the game.
This fan-made Overwatch 2 Aboriginal hero concept looks real
An Overwatch 2 fan shares an Australian Aboriginal hero concept he developed, and they nail the accuracy of Blizzard’s usual art style.
On Reddit, user Gardenghi16 recently shared their concept for a support hero they’re calling Eden, and what they had to show was very impressive. In addition to a design by artist DG Mun to match Overwatch Gardenghi16 was aesthetically brilliant, describing a complete kit for the character based around healing her allies and boosting them with plant-based abilities.
Full skill list for Overwatch 2 Fan Hero Concept Eden
- Fertilizer Applicator – Primary Fire: Fires a short-range fertilizer spray that damages enemies and grants temporary excess health to allies every 15 seconds.
- Goodberry – Secondary fire: Throws a fruit that restores a large portion of an ally’s health and restores additional health over time.
- Fertile soil – E: Creates a field of plants that restores health to allies within its area of effect. Enemies in the area of effect instead take damage and receive reduced healing.
- Photosynthesis – left shift: Wraps Eden in a whirlwind of leaves that reduces damage, increases movement speed, and removes negative effects.
- Forbidden Fruit – Ultimate: Throws a fruit to an ally that fully charges their ultimate ability, restores health to nearby teammates, and removes most negative effects.
- Green Thumb – Passive: Eden’s healing abilities restore 20% more health to allies with critical HP.
Gardenghi16 has also provided a detailed origin story for them Overwatch Hero who establishes Eden as the daughter of one of the founders of the desert metropolis Oasis. There she nurtured a natural talent for science and developed an interest in botany, which eventually led her to join Overwatch. Eden then spent the following years furthering her agricultural research at an Ecopoint facility in the Amazon, continued her work until Overwatch’s demise, and eventually rejoined the organization after its re-formation in 2011 Overwatch 2is the current plot.
The general response to Eden was very positive. Fans praised Gardenghi16’s concept for both her gear and backstory, and expressed interest in her ultimate’s ability to power up other ultimates. However, some noted that these abilities would probably make Eden a bit too powerful as a support hero. If she were officially added to the game as is, Blizzard would likely soon have to nerf her abilities and the amount of healing she deals, similar to what she did Overwatch 2Illari, Illari’s former support hero.
Overwatch 2 is Blizzard’s free-to-play team-based first-person shooter. The title features some new heroes like Junker Queen and Sojourn as well as returning favorites.
- October 4, 2022